I set out tomorrow to conquer some fears and fulfill some dreams in the small town of Swedru. Swedru is approximately one and a half hours west of Accra towards Cape Coast. I will be living with a family - a mother, a grandmother, and two young girls (Kate and Irene). They will be my new family for the next three weeks as I embark on the latest and bravest part of my adventure in Africa. Among some of my most primary challenges will be the washroom and water situation. The washroom is outside. It is a pit toilet. And my showers will consist of me and a bucket of water.
I have had time now to prepare myself for these challenges, and I expect that they will be the least of what I will face while living in a rural community. But I am looking forward to what new and unexpected hurdles this experience has to offer. If the past month has taught me anything, it is the strength this is born of any struggle. And I am ready. Or at least ready to try. To accept whatever Swedru has to offer me.
I will likely have limited access to internet while I am there, but will hope to continue my updates at least on a weekly basis. In the meantime, I have posted some recent pictures to facebook, links included below.
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=129236&id=505995946
http://www.facebook.com/photos.php?id=505995946#/album.php?aid=129042&id=505995946
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=129045&id=505995946&ref=mf
http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#/album.php?aid=128900&id=505995946
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment