Thursday, November 19, 2009

The end is near

My presentation to the Accra Metropolitan Assembly yesterday went very well.  I had a lot of fun and I think the audience did too.  It was a project that I had been looking forward to since my arrival.  I am happy to have it done with now, but it also marks the near ending of my time here. 

Today marks my last day at FrankEve.  I cannot believe that it is already time to say goodbye to this special place...for now.  I will cherish this experience forever. 

It is also time to say goodbye to my home stay family.  I will see them for the last time after school today and bid them farewell...for now.  I will not only be saying goodbye to Philomena and her mother, Kate, and Irene.  But I will definitely have to make the most of my last few moments with the four puppies that were born to our (their) dog two nights ago.  Amazing. Each is about the size of my hand, and they are the sweetest things I have ever seen. 

I will be spending my next week (or just under) travelling some of Ghana's great beaches.  I hope to learn how to surf (or at least get up once) and I will be sleeping in a tent on the beach (for part of the time, anyways). It will be the perfect time to really absorb the past seven weeks.  

No comments: