Thursday, November 19, 2009

something else to share...

I couldn't resist sitting down one more time to share how amazing the rest of my day was.  Shortly after my last blog post, I said goodbye to FrankEve.  Wow.

150 girls stood before me in one of the outdoor classrooms.  They sang a song that they wrote for me - mostly thanking God for the time we shared together.  It was very touching.  A few girls then got up and made short speeches about me, reducing me to tears, which were met with "Madame don't cry".

And then we danced.  And we danced.  I have been working on my African dance moves.

And then, they prayed.  They prayed for my safe return to Canada and for me to hopefully return again to FrankEve.  They also then prayed that I find and marry a God fearing man who will stay with me until I die.  Also touching, and thankfully comical as they managed to break the stream of tears that were falling from my face.

And then there was a receiving line, which gave me the opportunity to give/get 150 hugs and shed many more tears.  And then I made a speech, or tried, and made a point of including the odd saying in Twi.  And that was that - a heartwarming and deeply touching goodbye.  I will miss each of those girls dearly.

No comments: