Friday, November 27, 2009

Out Of Africa

My plane departs Accra in less than 10 hours, so this will be the last of my blog entries. 

Things I won't miss about Ghana:  spiders and cockroaches.
Things I will miss about Ghana:  everything and everyone else.

To the readers of this blog:
Thank you for taking the time to follow along with me on this incredible journey.  Your comments, support, and encouragement were greatly appreciated and (at times) very much needed.  I have bitter sweet feelings about my return home.  I am excited to reconnect with all of the people that I have missed so much while I have been here.  But I will miss this place dearly and I am certain I will return again one day soon.  I know that I am leaving a part of me behind in Ghana, and those that I have met along the way will remain with me always in my heart. 

This experience has made me different - different in ways that I do not yet completely understand, and in ways of which I may not even be aware.  But I am so happy to have found myself here doing the work I have done for the past two months.  My eyes are open, and the way in which I lead my life will be different.  It cannot not be.  For what I have learned, I am eternally grateful.  And for what may come, I am very excited. 

With lots of love,
The end.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

DAN!! YOU ROCK! I ADMIRE YOU AND ALL YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS! I CANT WAIT TO SQUEEZE YOU!! XOXOX