Day 3. This place is amazing. The people are so friendly and the children are adorable. As I walk through the streets I hear "Oboruni!" being yelled from all directions. It means 'foreigner', and I am reminded that I am one wherever I go. I suppose it's pretty obvious!
Key learnings to date -
- I know how to drink water out of a plastic bag/sachet that I rip open with my teeth;
- I know how to speak some basic Twi (the local Ghanaian language) - in it, my name is Ama. My name is based on the day of the week that I was born 26 years ago. It was a Saturday, which means my name is Ama.
- I know how to get to the internet cafe (this is key!). Although I am yet to attempt to get here on my own. Knowing how to do something and actually doing it are two very different things around here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Hey Dan! Sounds like you're having such an amazing experience! Love your name...can you find out mine? April 20...I was born on a Tuesday [won't post what year, don't want to scare anyone ;)] We miss you in TO already!!!
Have an amazing time and keep us updated!
xx
L
Post a Comment