No lions, nor tigers, nor bears (although we weren't expecting those anyways)...but sadly, no elephants either.
On Thursday morning we left on a 16 hour trip to get to Mole National Park. When we arrived, it was raining, and the rain persisted for the duration of our stay. This is the reason we were given for the fact that we didn't see any elephants. Our guesthouse was perched over the elephant watering hole, and they are frequently spotted drinking and bathing there. However, because of the rain, they were wet enough, and didn't pay us a visit!
Despite the lack of elephants, we still had a great weekend away. Road trips are always a source of good bonding for our volunteer group, and this one was extra long! We also saw a few other species of animals. We also saw many antelope and tons of monkeys! And when we checked into our guesthouse we found warthogs grazing in front of our hotel rooms (picture of me looking frightened to come soon!). And of course, there are always lots of creepy crawly insects for our enjoyment! On our way home, we broke up the long journey with a stop at Kintampo Falls to see the beautiful waterfalls, and cool off from the heat.
Our next weekend trip is not for a couple of weeks, when the group will head to Cape Coast. By that time, I will be living in Swedru, and will meet them there on the Friday night. For now, I am spending this week enjoying running water and toilets...two things I will be sad to say goodbye to when I depart on Sunday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
This sounds amazing Danielle. I gotta say, I am enjoying the details of your adventures! I would guess there are a lot of things to smile and laugh about and other things you probably figure you'll be able to laugh about later ;) Best wishes from Shiz and me
Post a Comment